UKHarvest Limited 33 107 782 196 (‘UKHarvest’) is committed to respecting the privacy of participants of the CEO CookOff and online visitors. Please read the following policy to understand how any personal information received through this website will be treated. ‘We’ and ‘Us’ means UKHarvest.
This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically. If you have any questions in relation to this privacy and security policy please contact us at email@example.com.
What Information Do We Collect?
In general, you can visit the CEO CookOff website without telling us who you are or revealing anything about yourself. Our service provider automatically recognises and records each visitor's domain name server address, date and time of visit to the CEO CookOff website and pages viewed. Our service provider only discloses aggregate information to us about the number and types of visitors and does not collect personally identifiable information (such as email address, name and address). This is anonymous statistical data and no attempt will be made by UKHarvest to identify users on their web browsing activities. We use this data to only evaluate our website performance and improve the content of the website. UKHarvest does not collect sensitive information, such as political or religious beliefs, about participants or online visitors.
If you register to participate or donate then the personal information that we collect from you will include the following: name, address, email address and phone number.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our websites or when you have contact with us in person.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- As set out in the terms and conditions for the CEO CookOff event; and
- For the purposes of inviting you to participate in future events.
We will use your personal information to communicate with you before during and after the event, including to:
- Create and send (via email or mail) a tax invoice for registration payments and donations
- Provide CEO CookOff event updates (by letter or email)
- Contact participants in the event of a declined payment for a registration or donation
- Provide participants with information and updates on the CEO CookOff event (by letter or email)
- Provide participants with a follow up letter of thanks post the CEO CookOff event (by letter or email).
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services. We engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we engage third party contractors to:
- Develop and maintain the CEO CookOff website;
- Provide email and mail handling services;
- Provide mail handling services for the printing and sending of event related correspondence;
- Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services.
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access & Correction of Information About You
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up To Date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
Privacy complaints about our acts or practices may be investigated by the Privacy Commissioner who has the power to make a determination including a declaration that the claimant is entitled to compensation.
Our Contact Details – Participant Enquiries
Participant enquiries can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations made via eWAY
- When you choose to donate money to us through the CEO CookOff website you are transferred to the eWAY Pty Ltd ('eWAY') website (www.eway.com.au) to process your donation.
- eWAY will request some information about you to OzHarvest to enable us to accept your donation. This information will include your name, e-mail address, business name and Australian Business Number if a business, telephone number, mailing address, shipping address, the date and amount of the transaction. However your credit card or bank account number will not be shown to OzHarvest.
- UKHarvest is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the personally identifiable information that is provided to us. We do not sell, swap or give any data to any external company or organisation. Any information received will be used solely for the purpose of the CEO CookOff event and communications related to UKHarvest and the event and will remain confidential between UKHarvest unless where we are required by law to disclose any such information.
- Unfortunately no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we employ our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems which cannot be accessed by outside agencies or non-UKHarvest staff.
- In order to provide a comprehensive and useful website, this site contains links to other websites. UKHarvest does not take any responsibility for the content or privacy practices of these websites.